HyRate Seed Sensor | DICKEY-john
The HyRate sensor offers high counting accuracy for large seeds with robust design for the harshest environments.
The Hy Rate™ 3 LED Seed Sensor is the sensor of choice for large seed types and seeding rates of 1 to 135 seeds per second with up to 98% depending upon the application of the sensor. Examples of these include: Maize, Soya bean and fertilizer. Using optical technology the seed sensors work under the principle of photodetection. Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) create a thin field of light across the interior of the seed tube. A photo detector on the opposite side of the tube continuously monitors the intensity of the light. Any seed that disrupts the sensing zone’s light source is detected by the photodetector cell and the corresponding seed pulse is communicated to the monitor.
Features and Benefits:
- Multiple mounting options for seed tubes, delivery hoses or specialty planters
- Population, blockage and fertilizer blockage detection
- Easy installation
- Optical technology – minimizing disturbance of seed flow
- Compatible with most planter, seeder and OEM monitors
- Storage temperature - 55°C - 105°C
- Operating temperature - 0°C - 85°C
- Humidity - 0 - 95%
- Supply voltage range of 7.2 - 8.8 volts DC
- 5 volts self triggering circuitry