Hy Rate Plus Seed Sensor
The Hy Rate Plus LED Seed Sensor accurately counts seeding population during planting, regardless of seed type, size shape and seeding rate. eg. Sorghum & Canola.
The Hy Rate Plus™ LED Seed Blockage Sensor is the sensor of choice for all seed types regardless of size, shape, and seeding rate. From larger seeds such as corn to small seeds like canola, the Hy Rate
Plus accurately counts seeding population during planting, providing confidence that your row units are working properly and seeds are being placed for optimum yield potential.
Eliminate Seed-Sensing Dead Zones
Optical seed sensors work under the principle of photodetection. Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) create a thin field of light across the interior of the seed tube. A photodetector on the opposite side of the tube continuously monitors the intensity of the light. Any seed that disrupts the sensing zone’s light source is detected by the photodetector cell and the corresponding seed pulse is communicated to the monitor.
Typical seed sensors use a small number of LEDs that are spaced far apart from each other. This results in areas where the light field is weak or non-existent. Seeds can hide in these dead zones and be falsely reported as skips. The Hy Rate Plus eliminates this by utilizing 2-3 times more LEDs than any other sensor on the market today and by spacing these LEDs close together. This creates a more uniform light field and virtually eliminates dead zones.
Features and Benefits:
- Accurately monitors seeding rates between 1–135 seeds/sec across multiple seed types for uncompromised accuracy
- Ability to distinguish doubles, triples and quad seed drops to maintain accurate population count
- Compensates for the effect of wind and dust allowing you to plant on windy days
- Utilizes a uniform light field with virtually zero dead zones in the seed tube, eliminating false skips
- Field programmable for software improvements and upgrades
- Informs operator when adjustments are required to maintain optimum planter performance with per-row data (% Singulation, % Multiples, % Skips, Spacing Quality) when utilizing the IntelliAg Working Set Member 2 (WSMB2) seed singulation module
- Uses a 3-Pin Weather Pak connector for direct connection to existing planter row harnessing
- Compatible with existing DICKEY-john PM series planter monitors, IntelliAg® AI series controllers and the IntelliAg® MVT
- Compatible with most OEM planter monitors in use with older DICKEY-john seed sensors